I shared these super cute earrings at Happy Hour Projects last week, we are headed into Summer here in New Zealand and what better way to celebrate than to make some beach inspired jewelry ?
These sweet earring are so easy to make, once you start, you won't be able to stop....trust me!
What you will need for 1 pair of earrings:
2 long headpins, 2 hooks, beads ( I used 2 seed beads and 2 glass beads)
A pair of long nosed pliers and a pair of round nosed jewelry plies.
You could totally make these earrings without the round nosed pliers if you don't have any.
How to Make the Earrings:
(following the step by step photos)
1. Thread the beads onto a long headpin.
2. Bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle.
3. Using the round nosed jewelry pliers bend the headpin back around to form a loop.
4. Twist the wire of the headpin around the loop once.
5. Start another twist, but instead of going around the loop, pull the wire across the bead, towards the bottom bead.
6. Twist the tail around the seed bead.
7. Using the long nosed pliers, tighten the end of the wire to the seed bead.
8. Open the earring hook and slip on the wire wrapped bead.
9. Voila - your earring is complete.... repeat steps 1-8 for the second earring.
How simple were those to make? So easy right?
I actually made 4 pairs in under an hour.
It also depends a little on your skill level, obviously if you're a beginner it will take a little longer for you to "whip" up a dozen of these.
But what's so great about them, is that ANYONE can make a pair!
You can use any type and shape of bead for these earrings and they will still look cute...
And of course I couldn't resist a beachy photo shoot.... love my beachy props!
I really hope you enjoyed my tutorial and I hope I inspired you to try something new today.
Linking up to some or all of these great parties