Are you ready for Valentines day this year?
No? Well today I have a quick Valentines gift you can whip up in an afternoon.
What you will need:
1. Wooden heart shapes ( I found mine in the kids section of our local craft store, Spotlight)
2. Wooden beads of various sizes (whatever you can find)
3. Chalkboard paint
4. Acrylic paint in your favourite colour/s
5. Rub on words or pictures (usually found in the Scrapbooking section of your craft store)
6. A coloured marker to edge the hearts (I used gold and silver)
7. Thread for hanging.
What to do:
1. Paint one side of each heart with chalkboard paint - you may need 2 coats.
2. Paint the other side of the heart a pretty colour.
3. Paint the wooden beads
4. Prime the chalkboard with chalk then wipe off.
5. Apply a rub on word to the painted side. Or anything you'd like to embellish with actually.
6. Edge the heart with the marker pen
7. I made a little hole in the wooden heart using the sharp end of my nail scissors.
8. Thread the string through the heart, knot the string and thread the beads. knot again.
That was easy right?
These are so cute hanging from a doorknob or as a tag on a back pack.
We gave a whole bunch of these as farewell gifts at Kindergarten and my little girl wrote her name on the chalkboard side for her teachers.
These were so fun to make that I got Sean to cut some larger hearts for my Christmas market, last year. Instead of using rub on's, I painted the words on instead.
For more Valentine's ideas, check out these easy, quick to make gifts...
Blingy Valentine Candles
Wooden Valentine Chimes
Threaded Valentine Tins
Heart Wall Art
Valentine's Charm Necklace
Have a wonderful Valentines day. Have fun and take care.