This week I’m working with 6 other bloggers to bring you Spring Bling Week – a week of tutorials and resources on jewelry! We’ll be wrapping up on Friday with an awesome giveaway, so be sure to come back all week!
Today I am going to show you all how to make this simple and sweet Statement Necklace and one of you will be in to win it too...
What you need for 1 necklace:
A minimum of 5 beads, long headpins, jump rings, a clasp, a charm, pliers and a chain (measured to the desired length).
Don't worry if you don't have pair of round nose pliers, you can use ordinary ones just fine.
What to do:
1. Thread a bead onto a long headpin and bend the headpin at a 90 degree angle.
2. Using the round nosed jewelry pliers bend the headpin back around to form a loop.
3. Twist the wire of the headpin around the loop.
4 - 5. Keep twisting around the loop, pulling the wire neatly in a circle
6. Grip the wire with the pliers and tuck and tighten the end. Repeat these steps for beads 1 to 4.
7. For the centre bead, make a loop in the headpin first, thread the bead on and repeat the above steps.
8. Gently uncurl the loop and add the charm
9. Attach the centre bead to the centre of the chain using a jump ring.
Finish off the necklace with a clasp
They are so easy to make, I whipped up a couple more! I think the bronze one is my favourite and the pink one has already been claimed by Payton.
Sweet and easy statement necklace!
I really hope you enjoyed my tutorial and I hope I inspired you to try something new today.
Remember to stop by and visit these other fantastic blogs taking part this week:
Kara from Happy Go Lucky
Adrianne from Happy Hour Projects
Rebecca from My Girlish Whims
Amy from One Artsy Mama
Holly from 504 Main
Kate from Cheap Crafty Mama
Linking up to these great parties