I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas....
As you all know by now - I do not bake all that well, so it goes without saying that I wouldn't have baked a Christmas cake.......
|Image via Pinterest|
But my sweet-toothed son found this recipe (if you could actually call it that) in one of his magazines and said that we should try it.
And since Christmas is during our Summer months I thought an ice-cream cake was a great idea.
Very simply, all you need is a tub of Neapolitan ice-cream (I bought 2 as I thought 1 wouldn't be enough, but it was), biscuits, chocolate, candy - whatever you like really. And a spring sided, round cake tin.
- Line your cake tin with either foil or baking paper
- Scoop out the chocolate part of the ice-cream and set aside to soften then mix in the candy of your choice - I used chocolate broken up into chunky pieces
- Scoop into the lined cake tin and place in the freezer until frozen
- Scoop out the strawberry flavour and soften, I added chopped up Eskimo's (like a hard marshmallow)
- Layer over the chocolate layer and freeze.
- Last layer is the vanilla and I added broken up oreo type cookies (without the icing part). Layer over the strawberry layer.
- Freeze overnight, and decorate before you serve. The kids chose Pebbles (like M&M's), grated chocolate and 100's and 1000's to decorate.
It was so good, it didn't last the day.....
And since Gabriel has his birthday during summer too, he has asked for it as his birthday cake ..... I will be oh so happy to oblige....
I hope you try this treat out - its really worth it especially if you have kids (even those big ones...)
Thanks for stopping by,
Linking Up To
Not JUST a Housewife - Show Me What Ya Got #55
What an awesome idea for a Christmas Cake during your summer months!ReplyDelete
And easier than I thought to make - thanks Auds - will post your info soon xxReplyDelete
Hmmmm my mouth is watering... will definitely be trying this out when I get home in Jan!!!! Well done Nats and thanks for a great blog.... learning all the time with you girl!!!!! Love MichReplyDelete
Michelle - its is so yum - hope your enjoying your trip xxReplyDelete